Dentistry has come a long, long way, and if you think an oral surgeon is a specialist who only removes wisdom teeth, think again. Whether your spouse suspects you have obstructive sleep apnea because you snore loudly at night or you suffer from jaw pain and headaches caused by a TMJ disorder, an oral surgeon is the right doctor for you. Those are just two examples—here’s a snapshot of the many different types of oral surgery procedures we provide at Oral & Facial Surgeons of Arizona:
- Dental implants. We evaluate, plan a course of treatment and place dental implants to replace one, two or even a mouthful of missing teeth. Our popular “Teeth in a Day” procedure makes it possible to remove teeth and place fully functional implants in one office visit. And thanks to an innovative new therapy called zygomatic implants, we can now provide dental implants to people who once weren’t candidates because they lack adequate bone in the upper jaw.
- Diagnosis and treatment of sleep apnea. Our board-certified surgeons specialize in this field. During your initial consultation, you will be evaluated using the latest advances in technology and given an individualized treatment plan that’s right for you.
- Reconstructive jaw (or “orthognathic”) surgery. We perform corrective jaw surgery for patients to improve the function of their jaw and overall appearance. The surgery can be used to treat conditions such as bruixism (teeth grinding), TMJ disorders and sleep apnea, among many others.
- Bone grafting. We surgically reconstruct inadequate bone structure in the jaw area, readying the site for a dental implant.
- Oral and facial pathology. Our surgeons are experts in treating every type of oral or facial disorder or disease, including tumors, cysts and lesions, which may be warning signs of cancer. Using small, painless biopsies, we can detect cancers and other health issues in their earliest, most treatable stages.
- Facial cosmetic procedures. We perform facial cosmetic procedures to enhance your good looks.
- Treating trauma. We expertly treat head and neck trauma and injuries to the face, jaws, mouth and teeth.
- Teeth extractions. We remove teeth that need to be extracted to maintain the overall health of your mouth—whether it’s impacted wisdom teeth or teeth damaged from trauma, disease, decay or even certain medications.