Before Procedure Anesthesia
- You may not eat or drink anything (including water) for eight hours prior to your surgical appointment.
- Do not smoke at least 12 hours before surgery. Better yet, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible.
- On the day of your surgery, you must be accompanied by a responsible adult who will remain in the office during the procedure and drive you home afterward.
- For your safety, do not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothes with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow and low-heeled shoes.
- Remove any contact lenses, jewelry or dentures prior to your surgery.
- Do not come to your surgical appointment wearing lipstick, excessive makeup or nail polish.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat or stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with your oral surgeon prior to your surgical date for instructions.