Michael W. Golding, D.D.S.
Dr. Michael W. Golding was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from Virginia Tech University. He went on to pursue his Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree from the University of Maryland Dental School in Baltimore, MD – where he not only received his degree, but graduated at the top of his class. Upon receiving his degree, he completed a residency at University of Miami Medical School and Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, FL in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. During his residency, he was the Chief Resident and was granted the “Professor’s Cup” as the most outstanding resident of his class. Furthermore, he was recognized with the Most Outstanding Surgical Skills Award by the professors of the University of Miami. Multiple times throughout his residency, Dr. Golding was also involved in surgical cases showcased on Discovery Channel, The Today Show, and “The Doctors”.
Dr. Golding performs all aspects of oral and maxillofacial surgery, with specialized interest and experience in All-on-4® dental implants, wisdom teeth removal, advanced bone grafting techniques, orthognathic jaw surgery and facial cosmetic surgery. His talents and expertise in these areas allow him to provide his patients with optimal comfort, safety and convenience. Dr. Golding is also on staff and surgically manages the facial trauma and reconstruction within the Level 1 trauma centers for both the Banner Healthcare System and Chandler Regional Hospital.
He is board certified with the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and a Fellow in the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Golding is also proud to be on the Phoenix Suns Dental Team as the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon of the Phoenix Suns. Additionally, he is a member of philanthropic organizations, including The Phoenix Thunderbirds and The Executive Council 70, both of which fundraise to improve the lives of the underprivileged in Arizona.
Dr. Golding is happily married to his wife Laura, who is an Arizona native and graduate of Arizona State University. They’ve welcomed two young children, Olivia and William. During his spare time, Dr. Golding enjoys being with his family, traveling, running and playing golf.
Honors & Awards
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- “The Professors Cup” Award Winner
- “Outstanding Surgical Skills Award”
- Bachelor of Science in Biology – Virginia Tech University, 2001
- Doctor of Dental Medicine – University of Maryland, 2005
- General Practice Residency – Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, 2006
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency – University of Miami, 2010
Licenses & Certifications
- Arizona State Dental Board
- California State Dental Board
- Pennsylvania State Dental Board
- National Dental Board
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Western Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- De Novo Bone Induction by Recombinant Human Bone Morphogenetic Protein-2 (rhBMP-2)
- Bisphosphonate Induced Osteonecrosis of the Jaws