Odds are, when you lost one or more teeth, you lost some of your confidence and self-esteem as well. Suddenly, keeping your gums healthy became a bigger challenge because missing teeth can trap food and bacteria. Even worse, you may have noticed jaw pain or more frequent headaches as your other teeth shifted toward the gap.
Now there’s a new treatment option called All-on-4™ that makes it possible to receive same day dental implants and put an end to your troubles—fast.
As you weigh your treatment options, you’ll want to consider all the pros and cons of same day dental implants. Of course, we recommend that you discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this oral surgery procedure with your oral surgeon. For starters, here’s a quick and handy checklist:
- You likely won’t need bone grafting surgery, which is more invasive and uncomfortable than the All-on-4™ technique. As a result, your recovery period will be far shorter—you’ll have new and immediately functional teeth in a single day.
- Same day implants cost less than conventional techniques for a full arch implant-supported fixed bridge.
- Same day implants are a real timesaver—there’s no need for multiple procedures.
- You’ll never suffer the discomfort, inconvenience and downright awkwardness of wearing a denture.
- Not everyone is a candidate for this procedure.
- Bone shrinkage will eventually occur in the posterior (back) portion of the jawbone, because implants are located only in the anterior (front) section of your jaw.
- There is a certain risk for implant failure, however it’s small.