Meet J. Gregory Sabol, D.D.S, M.D.
Dr. J. Gregory Sabol was born and raised in Northeast Ohio. He attended The Ohio State University, where he graduated Magna Cum Laude and received both his Bachelor of Science degree and Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S) degree. During dental school, Dr. Sabol used his degree in Molecular Genetics to be involved with skeletal jaw and facial development research. Upon completing dental school, he completed a one-year General Practice Residency at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle, WA. Once he finished his General Practice Residency, he moved to Nashville, TN to attend Vanderbilt University Medical School for six more years of further training. Dr. Sabol received a year internship in General Surgery, specialty training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, as well as his Medical Degree from Vanderbilt University Medical School.
Since moving to Phoenix in 2006, Dr. Sabol has been proud to call it his home. He teaches the Oral and Maxillofacial Residents in the Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency and holds medical staff privileges at Banner University Medical Center, Phoenix Children’s Hospital, and the Scottsdale Healthcare System. He is ‘on-call’ for the Level 1 trauma service at University of Arizona College of Medicine and Banner University to repair and reconstruct some of the worst facial surgeries in the region. Dr. Sabol is also on the Council of Dental Education and is politically active in the Arizona Dental Association.
Having Dr. Sabol care for my teenage daughter was the best choice we could have made . He is extremely professional, an expertise in his field and his bedside manner was amazing and calmed even the most anxious teen and parents ! Thank you to Dr Sabol and the staff at The Piper Center for making a difficult and painful procedure almost seamless.
Moira Hayden Mason
October 09, 2018
While he practices all aspects of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, his professional interests include: dental implant placement (including the Teeth in a Day technique), corrective skeletal jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery), wisdom tooth removal, patient anesthesia, cosmetic eye procedures, maxillofacial trauma, and surgery for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea.
Dr. Sabol is board certified in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and by the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology. Phoenix Magazine has named him a ‘Top Dentist’ for over 12 years in a row. Dr. Sabol realizes that patients and their families may be anxious about surgical treatments, so he is eager to put both the patient and the family at ease. He also takes pride in his patient care and personal interactions with patients.
In his spare time Dr. Sabol enjoys spending time with his wife and two children, hiking, fishing, traveling, and golfing. He is an avid runner and enjoys competitive racing – a passion that has stayed with him from his years as a varsity track and cross country athlete at The Ohio State University.
Honors & Awards
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Dental Society Theta Chapter
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society
- The Lloyd-Wilkins Award for Dentistry
- The Irving B. and Jeanne Tapper Award for Dentistry
- Award of Distinction from University of Washington General Practice Residency
- Conrad Lux Award in Medicine at Vanderbilt University
- Phoenix Top Docs 2011-2020
- The Ohio State University – Bachelor of Science in Molecular Genetics, 1994
- The Ohio State University College of Dentistry – Doctor of Dental Surgery, 1999
- The University of Washington – General Practice Residency, 2000
- Vanderbilt University Medical School – Doctor of Medicine, 2003
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center – General Surgery Internship, 2004
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center – Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, 2006
Licenses & Certifications
- Arizona State Dental Board
- Colorado State Dental Board
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Western Region Examining Board
- Board Certification in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Board Certification by National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- American Medical Association
- Dental and Medical National Sleep Societies